About the Church

About Saint John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church

 

Saint John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church was built in 1968 to address the community need for a church in Carlton and surrounding areas. It is one of Melbourne’s oldest Greek Orthodox church’s. Before being built in it’s present location of North Carlton, there was the Holy Church of Saint Irene but after growing substantially the need for a bigger church arose leading to the relocation and building of the present day church.

701076644 1992 1959 wedding